So you've won a Lottery prize* — terrific! Here's how to claim your prize:
1. First — and most important — sign the back of your ticket. Signing the back of a Lottery ticket identifies you as the Owner of that ticket for all legal purposes related to prize payment. Once signed, ownership of a ticket cannot be changed or transferred.
2. If your prize is $599 or less, take your ticket to any Delaware Lottery Retailer to claim your prize or mail your ticket to the Delaware Lottery Office. Be sure to print your name and address clearly on the back of your ticket. A check will be mailed to you.
3. If your prize is $600 to $5,000, you can claim your prize during business hours at any of these redemption centers. (Please bring a photo I.D. with name and address and your Social Security card with you.):
Carvel State Office Building
820 N. French Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
*Must enter at 9th and French Streets.
Thomas Collins Bldg Suite 2
540 S DuPont Hwy
Dover, DE 19901
20653 DuPont Blvd Suite 2
Georgetown, DE 19947
Click here for all Sports Lottery claims
4. If your prize is $5,001 or more, you can claim your prize at the Delaware Lottery Office any business day from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please bring a photo I.D. (with name and address) and your Social Security card with you.
The Delaware Lottery Office is located at:
1575 McKee Road, Suite 102
Dover, DE 19904
- All winning tickets are bearer instruments.
- Tickets are void if mutilated, altered in any way, illegible, or incomplete. The Lottery is not responsible for torn, stolen or lost tickets.
- Delaware State Lottery is not responsible for paying winning tickets resulting from any system or terminal malfunction.
- A physical ticket must be presented for all prize claims. (No photos will be accepted)
- Drawing game prizes must be claimed within one year from the date of the drawing. Instant Games prizes must be claimed within one year of the announced End of Sales.
- All winning Delaware Lottery tickets are subject to Delaware Income Tax.
- Prizes with a value of more than $5,000 are subject to Federal withholding at time of claim.
- Please bring a photo I.D. (with name and address) and your Social Security card with you.
- If you mail your ticket to the Delaware Lottery Office, allow up to 15 working days for processing.
- Claims arising from MEGA MILLIONS® lottery tickets sold by Delaware must be pursued consistent with Delaware and MUSL rules as the sole and exclusive remedy of claimant.
Note: All winning POWERBALL®, MEGA MILLIONS® and HOT LOTTO® tickets must be redeemed in the state/jurisdiction in which they are sold.
*All tickets, transactions and winners are subject to the rules and game procedures of the Delaware Lottery and state law.