- How to Play
- Prizes & Odds
- Number of Winners
- Number Frequency
- Have My Numbers Ever Won?
- Second-Chance Drawing
PLAY 4®: Play your lucky four-digit number
Play 4 is a daily numbers game in which you pick your favorite 4 digit number, then you choose a bet amount and bet type. You can play your favorite numbers DAY or NIGHT or BOTH.
Play up to seven drawings in advance.
Minimum bet per Play 4 game is 50¢.
Box your number or play it straight!
Check out the Prizes & Odds page for a detailed explanation of each bet type.
Day drawings are Monday – Saturday at 1:58 p.m. Play up to 1:40 p.m.
Night drawings are seven days a week at 7:57 p.m. Play up to 7:30 p.m.
To play, fill out a playslip:
- Mark your drawing time: DAY, NIGHT or BOTH (remember to use blue or black ink or a pencil). No DAY or NIGHT Drawing on Sunday.
- Mark the number of drawings you want to enter, up to seven. To enter today's drawing only, leave this section blank.
- To enter future drawings, mark one or more days, up to a week in advance.
- You can play up to five games on each playslip. For each game you want to play, it's as easy as ...
- Mark four numbers, one in each column, from 0 to 9.
- If you make a mistake, check the VOID box and use the next game panel; don't erase.
- If you want the computer to pick numbers for you, mark the Quick Pick box.
- Mark the amount you want to bet: 50¢ or $1.
Mark the bet type you want:
- Box: Play any 4-digit number. Must match winning numbers in any order.
- Straight/Box: Combines a 50¢ Straight bet and a 50¢ Box bet for a number on the same ticket. The combined wager is $1.
- Combination: The same as 4, 6, 12 or 24 Straight bets, multiplied by the bet amount.
- Check out the Prizes & Odds page for a detailed explanation of each bet type.
- To enter your PLAY 4 bets, give your completed playslip to the Retailer.
- The computer processes your playslip and issues your tickets. Your Retailer will tell you the total amount. Hold on to your tickets; you'll need them if you win!
- Remember to always check your ticket before leaving the Retailer location.
- The Lottery reserves the right to limit sales of tickets for bets on any specific number at any time.
You may also give your selections to the Retailer and they will manually entered them in to the Lottery terminal. Always check your ticket before leaving the Retailer location.